Nemunas Delta and the Curonian Spit (7 days)
Day 1: Arrival in Klaipeda. Meeting the guide. Tour around Klaipeda. An overnight stay in Klaipeda.
Day 2: Klaipėda-Palanga-Klaipėda.
We leave the hotel and take a bike ride to Palanga. The cycle track runs across the Seaside Regional Park. On our way, we make a stop on the Baltic coast, next to the largest precipice in Lithuania, known as the Dutchman’s Cap. Palanga is the most popular seaside resort in Lithuania. It is home to a beautiful park and Tiskeviciai Palace, with a unique Amber Museum inside. Tourists enjoy taking a long walk along the main pedestrian promenade leading onto a bridge to the sea. A 34-mile-long bicycle ride back and an overnight stay in Klaipeda.
Day 3: Klaipeda-Ventes Cape- Silute.
We take a bus trip to Klaipeda region otherwise known as Memelland. The cycle track begins next to the Canal Guillaume and stretches along the Curonian Lagoon. On our way, we will pay a visit to the old fishermen’s villages Draverna and Kintai. In Ventes Cape, you will be greeted by the staff of the local bird ringing station, who will tell you all there is to know about bird ringing practices. Next, the cycle track continues towards Silute/Heidekrug. Approx. a 19-mile-long bus ride and a 34-mile-long bicycle ride. An overnight stay in Silute.
Day 4:. Silute – Rusne-Uostadvaris – Nida.
This day’s tour will take you to the Nemunas Delta – home to a large nature reserve. On our way, we pass the Bismarck Colony and reach Rusne Island. The boarder between Lithuania and Russia is located in the middle of the Nemunas/Memel river. In Rusne, you are welcome to try out some freshly smoked fish, caught and prepared by the local fishermen. Our next stop is in Uostadvaris, home to an old lighthouse and a water pumping station. From there, we will take a boat ride to Nida and continue riding our bikes for another 12 miles. The boat trip takes approx. an hour. An overnight stay in Nida.
Day 5: Nida
After breakfast, we take a tour around Nida. You will visit the Parnidis Dune and the summer residence of the Nobel prize-winning writer Thomas Mann. After lunch, you can take a dip in the sea or walk around Nida. A 6 miles-long bicycle ride. An overnight stay in Nida.
Day 6: Nida-Klaipėda
We will spend the day taking a ride on an asphalt cycle track stretching along the Curonian Lagoon and the sea coast. On our way, we will visit the so-called dead dunes, a cormorant colony in Juodkrante and the Hill of Witches. You will also have some time to take a swim in the sea. Next, we arrive in Smiltyne and take a ferry trip to the Old Town of Klaipeda. Approx. a 34-mile-long bicycle ride. An overnight stay in Klaipeda.
Day 7:Individual departure or extension of the trip.
Bicycle tour with a guide, price per person
- 565,- Eur
- 130,- Eur supplement for a single-room occupancy.
The price includes:
- 6 nights in hotel stay, incl. breakfast;
- Guide services on days 1-6;
- Baggage transfers between hotels;
- Bus transfers, according to the tour agenda;
- Ferry tickets from Uostadvaris to Nida;
- Ferry tickets from the Curonian Spit to Klaipeda;
- Museum entry fees: Amber Museum, Bird Ringing Station, Uostadvaris Lighthouse, Summer Residence of Thomas Mann, the dead dunes.
Additional services subject to extra charge:
- Rent of an electric bike with 7 gears: EUR 130;
- Additional night and breakfast at a hotel in Klaipeda;
- Double room: 70,- Euro;
- Single room: 60,- Euro;
- Airport transfers in Palanga: 40,-Euro;
- Transfers to and from the ferry terminal in Klaipeda 20,-Euro;
- Transfers to and from the bus/train station in Klaipeda 20,-Euro.
- The smallest number of participants – 4 people
- You are welcome to book a tour on other dates subject to a group size of no less than 4 people.